Last year we had so much fun traveling to several new and repeat destinations. This year we can’t wait to start traveling and I thought I would share a few of our upcoming trips.
Oh, The Places We Will Go…
I’m so excited about our travel plans for this year. We’ve got most of them booked, but some are still in the planning stages. These are a few that bigger trips we are planning, not counting a few unscheduled getaways to our favorite places–Dallas and New Orleans which we seem to visit very often. (I promise I’m going to do a weekender’s travel guide for both cities this year.)
(This year I’m definitely going to be maxing out my paid time off at my day job and am so thankful for this amazing job benefit. I’m also planning it out strategically.)
- January and February are pretty much booked solid with Mardi Gras birthdays, dinner parties and the like. When we travel these months we tend to miss several things and I really don’t like missing, so the adventures will start in March.
- March–We will be revisiting Pensacola for several days and we are planning the trip completely differently this time. We are flying instead of driving and also staying in a condo instead of a hotel (so our daughter can have a little staycation with us for the visit).
- April–I’m going to Utah for the Everything Food Conference and it’s going to become a much-anticipated girl’s weekend also, with my bestie from California flying out to meet me. I’m so excited. (I haven’t seen her in such a long time.)
- June–We are off to Oregon again for my nephew’s high school graduation and hopefully will get to visit with the newest member of our family if my oldest nephew’s baby makes an appearance.
- July–This will be our big trip of the year. We are going to the South of France and then to Portugal for a friend’s wedding. Our plane tickets are booked, now we just have to book all of our day trips and hotels. It is going to be so much fun.
- August–We are planning a tentative getaway to Colorado at the end of the month for a relaxing family trip.
- September–NYC. I cannot wait. I haven’t been to New York in about 10 years and I’m so excited. I’m attending the Tastemaker’s Conference, but I am planning on making a fun trip our of this visit.
- December– We are thinking of taking a family cruise at the end of the year with the kids if we can work it all out. Not sure where we are going to yet, but no matter what I’m sure we’ll enjoy it.
Where We Visited Last Year…
- February–We visited Pensacola for 5 days, mainly to visit our oldest daughter, but we definitely enjoyed the city.
- May–We visited Oregon for a little wine tasting and then headed to Hawaii for a week of rest and relaxation on the island of Oahu. (This was a nice long trip that took up most of my paid time off for the year. )
- August– At the beginning of August, I went for a long weekend to The Barnsley Resort in Adairsville, Georgia, right outside of Atlanta for The Blog Societies Conference. (This is such an amazing conference and I’m pretty sure that we will be in Colorado when next year’s conference is going on in Savannah, so I’m pretty sad about that.)
- Later in August my girlfriends and I went for a long weekend to Oregon Wine Country for a weekend full of wine tasting and fun.
- November–We spent the weekend in Lake Charles, Louisiana for the Cast Iron Cook-Off which was a fun in-state getaway. We don’t visit this part of the state often and it was definitely a good time.
- December–We ventured to Fredricksburg, Texas for another fun long weekend of wine tasting with a few of our best friends.
So where you headed to in 2020? I would love to hear and if you have any ideas of things we can’t miss during the places we are going. Please share.